Senior Project Manager, Transportation Systems
A traffic systems leader, such as a Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer, will welcome this opportunity with our Transportation Operations & Maintenance to help ensure City of Hamilton businesses and residents go about their daily activities safely and effectively. If you’re up to the challenge, read on.
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Operations, you will provide leadership to subordinate staff within a multi-functional workforce engaged in the delivery and direction of services to the public and internal clients. An integral part of this role will call for you to recommend improvement strategies in the delivery of services to meet mandated goals and objectives.
As a Senior Project Manager of Transportation Systems, you will oversee the delivery of various technical and administrative duties related to the Transportation Systems, such as maintaining the traffic signal timing, phasing and coordination, and the controller replacement program. These key areas of responsibility will also include the evaluation, planning, design, implementation and operation of the Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), to better serve the mobility needs of Hamilton residents and businesses in accordance with City and Provincial guidelines.
Your qualifications as a Senior Project Manager, Transportation Systems must include:
- Progressive experience in the design and operation of traffic signals and systems normally acquired from a community college or university in a program specifically oriented to traffic engineering and operations, or a combination of relevant education and related work experience.
- C.E.T. or P.Eng. designation, desirable.
- Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE), an asset.
- Experience in traffic operations, related to signal operations or other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) operations, an asset.
- Must be a competent or qualified person for the approval of traffic signal designs in accordance with the Ontario Traffic Manual Books 11 and 12, and other applicable guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in traffic signals and systems, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Knowledge of technical/engineering, manufacturing, installation and maintenance practices relevant to the work of the group.
- Experience and knowledge around contract supervision, including specification preparation, supervision and quality control/assurance.
This permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $47.537 to $55.597 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Roads and Traffic Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as Senior Project Manager, Transportation Systems, Job ID #14945, and to apply online, by Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.