Technical Sales Account Manager
- Montréal, QC
- Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- Salary: $80,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
At StinsonITS we are building a team of motivated and ambitious technology enthusiasts who are interested in working with cutting edge technology to build solutions in the Smart City and IoT industry. StinsonITS is a technology firm focused on Intelligent Transportation Systems within the Smart City market space. We are technology designers, suppliers, manufacturers, installers and system integrators with access to a very diverse line of products.
We believe a company’s strongest asset is its employees and therefore we’re always on the hunt for talented individuals to join our team. We provide a challenging work space that encourages out-of the-box thinking and independence. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy we encourage you to apply now.
We manufacture, distribute and integrate a number of cutting edge ITS technologies such as:
· Computer Vision based Vehicle detection systems
· Big data analysis tools for Automated Traffic Signal Performance Measures (ATSPMs)
· Traffic Safety Data Analysis tools – Automated safety data collection technologies
· Radar based traffic counting and tracking sensors
· Automated Speed enforcement solutions using Licence Plate Readers and LIDAR
· Solar powered pedestrian cross-overs and other roadside electronics
· IoT sensors and other telecom equipment such as LoRa and LTE-M1
· Automated stopped vehicle and queue detection systems
· LIDAR based bicycle and pedestrian counting and classifying solutions
· Among many, many more. See stinsonits.ca for a full view of what we do
StinsonITS is expanding its sales team into the Quebec market. We're looking for a technical sales account manager to represent our products in the Quebec marketplace. You will work from home. Ideally you will be located in central southern Quebec such that travel to Montreal, Quebec city and other major cities/towns is convenient. The position will entail a base salary + commission.
This opportunity offers a full-time career-oriented position within our sales team. We are looking for technology experts with a passion for smart cities as well as the various related technologies(IoT, AI, Automation, Green energy, Big data, etc).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical salesperson to develop their skills in a very niche market: Smart Cities.
The Smart City industry is a very small market with lots of growth potential in the coming years as 5G, IoT and autonomous/connected vehicle initiatives begin rolling out in full force.
At Stinson ITS we are striving to develop a versatile technical sales team to deliver products and services to the Canadian marketplace.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role you will use your knowledge of traffic systems and technology to provide technical presentations to customers on how the technology we sell works. You will provide real-world demos as well as remote webinars to walk customers through various technology solutions.
You will be a subject matter tech-expert providing our customers with a resource they can access to bounce ideas off of and consult with on various challenges they are encountering. We are hoping for a candidate with past experience as a traffic signal technologist or a similar role. Someone who is familiar with the traffic industry and the primary systems involved such as traffic controllers, traffic timing and coordination plans, central control software, wireless and wired networking, IP cameras, radar sensors, audible pedestrian signals, etc.
Customers often come to us with a problem and it’s our job to provide a technology solution to solve their problem. You will work with the customer and StinsonITS’ engineering experts to devise custom solutions that will provide an efficient and practical answer to the challenge being presented.
We believe that high technology needs to be sold by high tech individuals. Our sales strategy is to only sell the best solution to our customers, with no sugar coating and no fluff. This role doesn’t require the traditional “sales” experience one would typically look for, what we want are people passionate about technology who can work with our customers to develop new and innovative solutions.
Your responsibilities will generally be:
- Provide consultations and sales presentations to our customers. Through our web leads, your existing contacts, and our extensive sales contacts you will be responsible for contacting potential customers and setting up in-person and remote presentations (web conferences).
- Participate in customer outreach programs to generate new leads and business opportunities. We are actively developing a formal outreach program, you will participate in this process and assist in it's development. COVID19 is adding an interesting twist to the way we do business.
- Attend Trade shows and other industry related events to network with customers and keep up to date with any new projects or initiatives that are being launched.
- Accompany our customers through their purchase process and be a resource to them as well as our primary point of contact. Sales cycles can be extremely long in the B2G industry and requires dedication, trust and close interaction between us and our customers
- Participate in industry focused trade organisations and non-profits as a way to stay connected to the industry and network with customers
- Utilize Salesforce CRM for opportunity, sales and activity tracking
- Consult with clients pre-sale to provide information on products, explain relevant government regulations and customize product solutions for specific use cases.
- Assess client's needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services;
- Develop reports and proposals to illustrate benefits from use of good or service;
- Identify and respond to public and private RFPs, RFQs and RFIs using tender tracking services
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support;
- Promote sales to existing clients;
- Identify and solicit potential clients. Primarily in the public sector;
· Engineering degree/diploma, or equivalent practical sales experience in a high technology field.
· 1-2 years of BDR experience in a technology setting, preferably in B2B or B2G environments
· 1-3 years of quota carrying software, SaaS, or technology solution selling
· Sales experience in Business to Government (B2G) strongly preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong, trusting and long lasting partnerships
· Ability to present solution overviews, roadmap sessions and product presentations in front of groups and executives
· Structured CRM experience ie. SalesForce an asset
· High energy with the ability to work independently while managing multiple high priority tasks and large volume of activities.
· Ability to travel overnight up to 20% of the time
· 2+ years’ experience in transportation/ITS industry preferred
· Experience working with ITS related technology such as Radar sensors, Wireless Radios, Cellular Modems, IP cameras and solar power systems
· Experience working with software management platforms for managing field devices such as traffic signal controllers, CCTV, Digital message signs, network devices, etc.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement